Compass Associates is a recruitment consultancy based in Portsmouth specialising in health, social care and life sciences recruitment. The company commissioned Benfield Fire Safety after relocating to new offices. The Workplace Regulations 1999 and the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 requires all businesses to ensure their staff have appropriate fire safety training.
- Fire marshal training
- Fire extinguisher training
Our Approach And Solution
Benfield Fire Safety provided comprehensive fire marshal training to help ensure fire safety compliance in the workplace. Our training focused on the following aspects:
- Taking appropriate and effective action in the event of a fire
- Ensuring escape routes are free for access and not blocked
- Identifying hazards in the workplace including arson mitigation, waste management and associated electrical hazards
- How to test and inspect, for example, fire alarms, fire doors and fire extinguishers
- And the recording of all tests and inspections
- How to call the fire service and provide information
- How to extinguish fires, if it is safe to do so
This training educates staff in maintaining effective fire safety in the workplace and ensures that the business is compliant in all aspects of the fire safety law. It is always better to be proactive rather than reactive to avoid being identified as not complying with fire safety law.
Professional and knowledgable
We moved to new premises and approached Benfield Fire Safety to carry out our fire marshal training. Jason was professional and knowledgeable and delivered the course at the right level for us. We all enjoyed carrying out fire safety scenarios and fire extinguisher training outside. It was good for us to put into practice what we had learned. Thank you for making the course so interesting and enjoyable. We would highly recommend you to anyone for fire safety training.