Having the right fire safety policy is crucial – it helps keeps your business safe from fire and may also save lives. In England and Wales, all non-domestic premises have to comply with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005. Each business should create a fire safety policy which covers the following and mitigates the risks identified in your fire risk assessment:
- Planning for the prevention, detection and tackling of fires
- Telling staff about the identified risks
- Putting appropriate fire safety equipment in place
- Designing an evacuation plan (FEEPS & PEEPs)
- Providing fire safety information and training for staff
Having a fire safety policy is in addition to the fire risk assessment, which should be in place and reviewed every year.
Who is it for?
If you are an employer, owner, landlord or occupier of a business or non-domestic premises, you could be legally responsible for the fire safety of your employees, customers and anybody else who could be affected by a fire at your premises. Benfield Fire Safety can ensure you fulfil all your legal obligations and have the necessary fire safety measures in place to reduce the risk of fire to your business.
Benefits of using Benfield Fire Safety
Benfield Fire Safety has over 20 years’ experience of designing fire safety policies for a wide range of sectors. We will consider all aspects of your fire safety including the following factors that are often overlooked:
- The risks posed by your external environment
- The capabilities of the people involved
- The extent to which your business could keep running if your premises were damaged or destroyed by fire
Benfield Fire Safety’s risk assessors are fully-qualified and members of the Institute of Fire Safety Managers (IFSM) and the Institute of Fire Engineers (IFE).
CONTACT US ABOUT
YOUR FIRE SAFETY POLICY
If you would like to talk to us about your fire safety policy, just enter your contact details
below and we’ll get back to you.