Responsible person training
Getting a grip on your responsibilities for fire safety will bring you peace of mind, and could save you money. If you’re responsible for fire safety or fire evacuation drills at your place of business, this training course will put you in control. Peppered with relevant examples to make you think, it will help you manage risks and costs. Our Responsible Person Course is for business owners, managers and designated ‘responsible persons’ with accountability for:
- Keeping people safe from fire within your business or working environment
- Planning and management of fire prevention, detection, containment and fire evacuation drills
- Legal compliance with the Regulatory Reform and Fire Safety Orders, and the Health and Safety at Work Act
- Providing fire safety equipment and training.
Benefits of our Responsible Person Training
After attending this fire safety course, you will understand how to keep your business safe and legal, what you must have in place, and how to balance risks with costs. This course covers:
- Fire Risk Assessments: their purpose and frequency. Choosing a competent assessor
- How to challenge your fire risk assessment if you think you’ve been oversold fire safety equipment
- Fire safety and your staff: roles, responsibilities, and ratios of fire wardens
- Fire education and training: what you need for your staff members
- Fire safety equipment: monitoring systems, fire extinguishers, fire doors, emergency lighting, etc.
- Servicing and maintenance of fire safety equipment, including routine inspections you can make yourself
- Processes and procedures for staff, visitors and contractors, including measures for vulnerable people
- Record keeping and documentation
- Lowering insurance premiums through better fire safety management
- Liaising with the fire brigade
- Running your own fire evacuation drills.
The course is designed and delivered by our experts, each of whom has over 20 years’ experience of fire safety and is qualified by The Fire Prevention Association, The Institute of Fire Safety Managers, and The Institute of Fire Engineers.
The course lasts a full day and costs £999 to run one-on-one at your premises.