Fire Warden Training for Carers
Tailored for staff members from care facilities, nursing homes and private hospitals, this practical course builds confidence and competence within your team and meets your legal obligation to have trained fire wardens under the Regulatory Reform Order 2005. There are over 2000 care homes in the south east, each and every one with different requirements so at Benfield Fire and Security we analyse each premises so that we can off a bespoke service and fire evacuation drill suitable to you.
Benefits of Fire Warden Training for Carers
Using real case studies from the care sector, we bring the subject to life and cover issues that make fire safety a special concern when working with vulnerable people. After the course, your fire wardens will know how to:
- Prevent a fire by conducting routine checks of the building and of fire safety equipment
- Instigate an effective fire evacuation drill where you will evacuate others in the event of a fire, including vulnerable people
- Understand different fire evacuation strategies (like chair evacuation skills) used with vulnerable and disabled people
- Locate and extinguish a fire using water, foam, CO2 and a fire blanket
- Call the Fire and Rescue Service, and how to brief them on their arrival at your premises
- Conduct a roll-call of staff members, contractors and visitors at your fire assembly point
- Understand their legal responsibilities for fire prevention, and health and safety at work.
This course lasts for four hours and includes both classroom and hands-on learning.
Date and location
Date: Wednesday 2nd May 2018
Morning course: 9am to 1pm
Afternoon course: 1.30pm to 5.30pm
Location: The Hilton Hotel, Ageas Bowl, Botley Road, West End, Southampton, SO30 3XH
Tea, coffee and biscuits will be provided and there is free parking in the hotel car park. Directions to the hotel and parking information can be found here.
Staff should bring weather appropriate clothing as the hands-on fire extinguisher training will be outdoors.
Prices and payment
This course costs £45 per person, to be paid in full by BACS in advance of the course.
If you are a member of Hampshire Care Association, please request your discount when you get in touch.
Book this course
Please tell us whether you are interested in the morning or afternoon session, and how many places you’d like.
Call the Benfield Fire Safety office on 0300 303 3277
Call Jason Sugden direct: 07971 788437
We regret that as places are limited, they are not confirmed until payment is received.